Expert Tips to Manage Oily Skin and Fight Acne
Dealing with oily skin can be a constant battle that brings many challenges and frustrations. The perpetual shine that adorns the face, as if lit by an unwelcome spotlight, becomes a source of embarrassment and self-consciousness. The relentless oil production throughout the day feels like an unstoppable force, leaving the skin greasy and sticky.
The journey of managing oily skin feels like a never-ending quest, seeking solutions and remedies, hoping for a respite from the perpetual battle against excess oil.
To end your misery, we have listed below some easy and practical tips to manage oily skin and fight the outbreak of unwanted bacterial infections.
What Leads to Excess Oil Secretion on the Skin?
Excess oil secretion on the skin, also known as sebum, can be influenced by various factors:
- Hormonal Fluctuations: Hormones play a significant role in oil production. During puberty, hormonal changes can lead to an increase in sebum production, resulting in oily skin. Hormonal imbalances or conditions like polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) can produce excess oil secretion.
- Genetics: Oily skin can be hereditary and may run in families. If your parents or close relatives have oily skin, you will likely experience the same.
- Overactive Sebaceous Glands: Sebaceous glands produce sebum, the skin's natural oil. The sebaceous glands of individuals with oily skin tend to be more active, with excessive sebum.
- Climate and Humidity: Hot and humid environments stimulate the sebaceous glands to produce more oil. The mixture of heat and moisture can make oily skin more pronounced.
- Skincare and Cosmetic Products: Using harsh cleansers or over-drying products can strip away too much fat, triggering the skin to compensate by producing even more oil.
- Over Washing or Harsh Scrubbing: While cleansing is essential, excessive washing of the face or scrubbing too harshly can disrupt the skin's natural balance, causing the sebaceous glands to produce more oil.
- Stress: Stress can trigger hormonal imbalances, leading to increased oil production. Additionally, stress can stimulate the adrenal glands to produce more androgen hormones, contributing to oily skin.
How to Manage Oily Skin?
- Cleanse Regularly: Wash your face twice daily using a gentle, oil-free cleanser formulated for oily or acne-prone skin. Avoid harsh soaps that can strip away too much oil and trigger increased oil production.
- Use Topical Treatments: Incorporate products containing active ingredients like salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide into your skincare routine. These ingredients help to unclog pores, reduce inflammation, and combat acne-causing bacteria. Start with a lower concentration to assess your skin's tolerance.
- Moisturize Appropriately: Oily skin needs hydration, so choose a non-comedogenic face moisturizer for oily skin. Look for lightweight, gel-based formulas that won't clog your pores but will provide the necessary moisture to maintain skin balance.
- Exfoliate Regularly: Exfoliation effectively removes dead skin cells and unclogs pores. Use a gentle exfoliator with ingredients like salicylic or glycolic acid once or twice weekly to promote cell turnover and prevent pore congestion.
- Use Oil-Absorbing Products: Throughout the day, use oil-absorbing sheets or blotting paper to remove excess oil without stripping away moisture or disrupting your makeup. Kshipra Health Solution's BABÉ Mattifying Moisturizer is one of the best face moisturizers for oily and acne-prone skin to treat the infected skin effectively.
- Choose Non-Comedogenic Products: Opt for oil-free, non-comedogenic cosmetics, sunscreen, and skincare products. Moisturizer creams for oily skin by Kshipra Health are a suitable choice that you can opt for to make your skin feel more supple.
Soothe Your Skin with Kshipra Health Solution’s BABÉ Mattifying Moisturizer
Make utmost use of your efforts with a skincare routine that enlightens your skin's inner beauty. As one of the best and most effective face creams for oily skin, the BABÉ Mattifying Moisturizer gives your skin a soothing effect and stops any further outbreaks of bacterial infections on the surface of your skin. To know more, contact Kshipra Health Solutions today.