Symptoms And Causes Of Dandruff And How To Treat It
Owing to the polluted environment, fast-paced climate change, changes in nature, weather, climate, and season, skin and hair face many problems. When we religiously follow skincare routines, we tend to forget the importance of hair and face issues like dandruff, rough and dry hair, etc. Washing regularly can help, but it will weaken the strands and lose their natural oil, sometimes also causing severe dandruff and flaky skin. Dandruff or brittle skin causes many scalp problems, including oily roots, dry skin, frizzy or dry hair, etc. Thus, to save the embarrassment caused due to dandruff along with enhancing hair health, it is essential to learn and understand the causes of dandruff and use the best anti-dandruff shampoo.
Symptoms Of Dandruff
Among the various symptoms, the most common ones have been listed here.
- Presence Of Fragments: - A prime indication of dandruff is the presence of white pieces or flakes. They are dust, oil, sweat, and dead skin cells.
- Itchy Scalp:- The accumulation of those fragments tends to make your scalp itchy. Itching the dandruff-prone area leads to the creation of even more flakes.
- Redness Around The Scalp:- The itchiness and build-up of fragments can also result in redness around your scalp, especially if you’ve sensitive skin.
Although the ends of our hair are mainly composed of dead cells, our scalp is made of living cells. Thus, our hair functions as any other organ. The scalp cells produce sebum to provide natural lubrication to the ends of the roots. Often the relatively high concentration of sebum, sweat, and heat with humidity creates a favorable environment for the growth of microorganisms that cause mycotic conditions (dandruff, seborrheic dermatitis, and tinea capitis), parasitic infestation (epiclesis capitis), and inflammatory diseases (psoriasis). Some internal and external factors which can be responsible for causing dandruff are listed below:-
Internal causes of dandruff
- Hormonal imbalance resulting in excessive oily or excessive dry scalp
- Allergic/ hypersensitive skin
- Recent medication or prolonged medication is another cause of dandruff too
- Lack of rest and fatigue makes your hair frizzy and more prone to damages
- Improper nutrition or intake of fried foods and aerated drinks.
- Fats and sugars, salts, chocolates, seafood, Peanuts, and dairy products can also cause issues of dandruff
- Stress, anxiety, and tension are other leading causes of dandruff.
External causes of dandruff
- Frequent use of hair sprays and hair gels can cause build-up over time if not used/appropriately washed.
- The use of some synthetic hair or extensions can also cause excessive build-up.
- Irregular use of shampoo for the hair or inadequate rinsing of the scalp.
- Cold weather, dry indoor heating, or humid conditions.
- Tight-fitting hats, scarves, or head coverings.
- Extreme climatic conditions, oily skin, and the use of lotions that contain alcohol may increase the chances of dandruff.
The leading cause of dandruff
Dandruff is a result of yeast called Pityrosporum Ovale. The yeast is generally found in areas of the scalp with large sebum-producing glands. The sebum itself promotes the growth of this yeast. The yeast-like fungus- Malassezia feeds on oils on the scalps of most adults. When the fungus is present in excessive quantity, the dandruff problem abounds. This dandruff problem is often aggravated if one has an oily or dry scalp.
Dandruff can sometimes be tiresome and irritate, along with other scalp problems. If you are struggling and trying to get rid of dandruff, try using Babe Anti Oily dandruff shampoo 250 ml which is an effective shampoo for oily scalps and dandruff. Use the babe anti-dandruff shampoo for a few months thoroughly and get rid of dandruff with ease. Equipped with all benefitting elements, the babe anti oily dandruff shampoo fights dandruff, promotes healthy hair, and prevents dryness in the scalp. Use the best babe anti-oily dandruff shampoo and let your hair grow thick and robust without dandruff and flakes.